Electronics and Communication Engineering
- To become a center of excellence in the field of electronics and communications offering higher order of learning thereby producing globally competitive and ethically strong engineering professionals who can give creative solutions to societal needs.
- To establish a scintillating learning environment to produce quality diploma graduates with passion for knowledge and creativity in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To strengthen the soft skills, especially of rural students, through co-curricular, extra-curricular activities.
- To develop professional etiquette and ethical integrity among the students to face real-time life challenges.
- To create awareness and thirst for life-long learning through interaction with the outside world regarding contemporary issues, technological trends and entrepreneurship.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- PEO1: To apply technical knowledge and management principles in analyzing and planning problems in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering while ensuring maximization of economic benefits to society and minimization of damage to ecology and environment.
PEO2: To be life-long learners with the required enquiry and zeal to acquire new knowledge and skills to remain contemporary and possess required professional skills.
PEO3: To enhance entrepreneurial, communication and other soft skills, which will enable them to work globally as leaders, team members and contribute to nation building for the betterment of the society.
PEO4: To make them strongly committed to the highest levels of professional ethics and focus on ensuring quality, adherence to public policy and law, safety, reliability, and environmental sustainability in all their professional activities.
PROGRAM OUTCOME (POs)
- PO1: Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify and analyze well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
- PO3: Design/ Development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
- PO4: Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- PO5: Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- PO6: Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
- PO7: Life-long learning: Ability to analyze individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME (PSOs)
- PSO1: An ability to understand the concepts of basic Electronics & Communication Engineering and to apply them to various areas like Signal processing, VLSI, Embedded Systems, Communication Systems, Digital and Analog Devices.
- PSO2: An ability to solve complex Electronics and Communications Engineering problems, using the latest hardware and software tools, along with analytical skills to arrive at cost effective and appropriate solutions.
- PSO3: Wisdom of social and environmental awareness along with ethical responsibility to have a successful career and to sustain passion and zeal for real-world applications using optimal resources as an Entrepreneur.